- To teach traditional Buddhist discipline, providing an experience of the monastic community’s lifestyle of cultivation.
- To clarify unsettled thought processes, so one may discover the bright skillfulness of the inner self.
- To blend Buddhist teachings with daily life, enabling youth to give rise to proper faith.
- To nurture the adoption of a code of ethics, treating oneself and others with compassion and understanding.
- July 19 (Check-in WED 12:00pm) ～ July 23 (Check-out SUN 4:00pm) (5 days total)
- Fo Guang Shan Hsi Lai Temple, Harmony Hall
- 1. Age: 10-14
- 2. Please ①fill-out Online Application Form or download Application Form and Brochure
- 3. Other required documents: ②Guardian Waiver and Release of Liability Form, ③Body Measurement Form,
④Autobiography of 200+ words, ⑤Recent 2” Photo, ⑥Copy of valid Medical Insurance Card (both sides)
- 4. E-mail or mail-in ALL above required documents.
- 5. Deadline: June 22
- 1. Teaching materials: $120 (check payable to: I.B.P.S.)
- 2. Cultivation uniform, food, lodging: $200 (provided by the temple)
- Saturday, June 24 or Sunday, June 25
- ．The interviewee must be accompanied by his guardian.
- ． For applicants outside of the Greater Los Angeles area, please contact your local FGS branch temple to arrange
for an interview.
- Address: 3456 Glenmark Drive, Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
Attn: Youth Monastic Retreat
- Tel: (626) 961-9697 ext. 118 /131
- Fax: (626) 369-1944
- Web: www.hsilai.org
- E-mail: email@example.com