|In this retreat, you will experience life within the temple, learn everyday meditative Chan practice, and will observe eight precepts for one day and one night. You will learn about the Buddha’s teachings and train the mind through spiritual practices such as chanting and meditation. |
|Dates: March 21-25, 2018 (Wed to Sun)|
|Venue: Hsi Lai Temple|
|Check in: 9:00 am (Assembly Hall)|
|Registration Deadline: March 14, 2018|
|Fee: $30 |
|Ages: 18-35 Single (unmarried)|
- Deportment and self-discipline are considered virtues. Proper and decent behavior is expected of all students at all times.
- Students are expected to uphold the five precepts throughout the retreat. The five precepts are no killing, no stealing, no lying, no sexual activities and no consumption of intoxicant.
- Students are expected to attend all scheduled activities on time.
- Students are required to be vegetarian and wear uniform during the retreat.
- Students are obligated to live in the temple with shared accommodation, but female and male students will live in separate quarters.
- Students are required to observe silence at scheduled times.
- Students are not allowed to leave the temple compounds without authorization.
- Student’s valuables and cellphone will be kept by the teacher during the retreat. However, please refrain from bringing valuables.
- Students are required to follow all the rules and regulations of the retreat.